Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My friends are the BEST!!!

Well, today I finally got my Birthday present from Melissa - the one she's been tormenting me about for the past 2 months.... Now, not only was this from Melissa, it was a team effort on the part of Leann, Rhonda, Julie, and Elaina as well. Man,those girls can DANCE!!! It was a MOVIE (not a lame slideshow like some people -me - do....)!!! Accurately titled "U Can't Touch This" with a super skinny pic of me on the front (Melissa's vision), it was a tribute to Dr. Pepper - my love of it - set to M.C. Hammer with the plot inspired by true events in my life. O.R.C. people would remember it... All preceding the finale with.... JEREMY CAMP ....

TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Moly!!! Just for those of you that dont know - well if you read my blog you know about waiting to get Jeremy camp pictures and Melissa's envy over the whole thing.... Just scroll down if you don't believe me.... Anyway, after I'd had my awesome photo session with him that night I went out to the car with Julie (co-conspirator) and Glenda and the whole time I kept saying, "I need to go back in! Leann and Melissa are in line and I don't think they have a camera!!! I need to get their picture!!" and Julie was like, "They're fine! Don't go in there and then us have to come get you! Don't worry about them...." And then 30 minutes later I was REALLY feeling guilty and I told them, "I'm going in! They need someone to take their picture and it needs to be me, I have a camera.... It's not fair that I got one and they didn't.. they NEED me!" Now about this time I was GENUINELY feeling unselfish and totally thinking of others (not something I do very often). But Julie was all like, "NO! They can take care of themselves." I think she even said that she thought Melissa had a camera, but for some reason I wasn't convinced... I can't remember what all her reasons were for me not going in but she kept coming up with them. So, I caved in and obeyed Julie, leaving my poor friends to fend for themselves. Little did I know that when they finally emerged from the VERY END of the line, they'd been recording a message from Jeremy for me!!! They sacrificed their picture time for ME!!!! What PRECIOUS DEAR ONES they are!!! But God took care of the whole picture thing - they did make it onto Jeremy Camps blog in a picture. Still not the picture they could've had, but I know God will reward them for loving their neighbor as themselves. Just more jewels sprinkled into the Princesses crowns. Why, I even bet Julie got jewels in her crown for her evasive excuses for me NOT to help my friends!!! I just love Julie. Her heart is hard for me, you know...

AND, I KNOW Rhonda and Elaina got extra jewels in the crowns for all that dancing..... Probably Elaina got more jewels than anyone because I KNOW she wouldn't have danced for ANYONE but me!!!!!! You know how Rhonda loves to dance anyway, I'm surprised she didn't do her high-kick in the video. And then, Melissa was SO energetic with her dancing... I did mention that our church might be in need of a cheerleading squad with the talent God's given us. (Well not me, you won't see me dancing in that video...) And, Leann deserves an OSCAR for her portrayal of me!!! Let's not forget to thank Phil and Shawn for their awesome camera work. I LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!!!

I LOVE IT!!! If I can find a way to put that video on my blog, I will do it!!! Rhonda is with me on putting it on youtube... I still think that Dr. Pepper would be very interested in a copy!

It's awesome!! May it go on the record that my friends love me enough to be CREATIVE!!!!!!!!! (That is mainly for Andy - who will probably never read this...) He should've figured that out when Melissa asked for his pants....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Beloved, I am enthralled that you enjoyed your extra-special video so much! Every "fiber" of my being is pleased that I could bring you such great joy. I know YOUR heart is leaping with delight over the grand finale -- I knew it would be just the thing to bring joy and thanksgiving to your life.

Looking for more ways to infuse your life with joy and laughter!
Love,
Me

Princess Julie said...

Well, Misty, I am soooo very glad that you love your video. However, I am asking you to please please reconsider puting it on youtube. I don't want to appear showy and I don't want to do all those photo ops, Oprah, American Idol. We do all homeschool you know. Im not sure that dancing to Can't Tough This will go over well with our homeschool group....lol. We might get a LETTER..Oh, no.....

It was all worth it to hear you scream when Jeremy told you Happy Birthday....

Never forget that "My heart is hard for you Misty"

Blackstream Farm said...

Oh how I wish so much that I could have been a part of all of this. THis makes me sad !! I miss you guys so much!! :( I'm so glad that you got to laugh and have fun with all those gals!! Maybe one day again soon i'll get to be around you girls and laugh too!! Love ya!!!! Oh-happy be lated birthday by the way!- Aimee